Where Faith and Knowledge Meet
St. Bridget of Sweden School, recognizing that parents are the primary educators and teachers are facilitators of learning, provides an atmosphere conducive to the maximum development of all students, enabling them to become well-integrated individuals with Catholic principles, values and attitudes who are capable of living their lives according to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
To become a well-integrated individual with Catholic principles and values
We provide our students, parents, and staff the opportunity to experience the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to bring Catholic beliefs and values into their lives and the world.
To become an active life long learner
All students are encouraged to participate in every aspect of their education, and as alumni, to return and share their knowledge and talents with students currently enrolled.
To recognize the value of self-expression through diversified art forms
Our fine arts program was established to help each student develop an appreciation for literature, drama, music, dance, and the fine arts under the guidance of professional artists, actors and musicians. Our goal is to help each student develop creative and critical analytical skills in order to make personal aesthetic judgments.
To develop respect for the thoughts and opinions of others
St. Bridget students are taught through example and words the value of each child’s unique worth. Our goal is that all children are treated with respect and love.
To create a positive attitude toward physical development
Competitive programs include boys and girls volleyball, basketball, and football. Daily Physical Ed. classes help each student realize the need for good health and physical fitness. After school karate and dance classes allow students the opportunity to develop talents in those areas.
To develop a willingness to participate in the community
Our Food Drives, retreats and para-liturgies prepare our students spiritually for outreach and service within the community.
To develop respect for all life
As a school family, we strive to reach out to our civic and world community by our good example, participation, and direct service.
A Year at St. Bridget’s: Academics, Athletics, Activities, Faith, and Fun
- Fall Festival: 3 Days of Fun, Family and Food
- After School Enrichment Courses offered
- Standardized Testing — Oct.
- Halloween Costume Parade — Oct.
- Fall Family Fun Night
- Thanksgiving Food Drive — Nov.
- Parent – Teacher Conferences — Nov.
- Knights of Columbus Essay Contest — Dec.
- Christmas Concert — Dec.
- Basketball Season
- Catholic Schools Week — Jan.
- Family Fun Night — Jan.
- High School Entrance Exams — Feb.
- Mardi Gras Celebration — Feb. or Mar.
- Friday Night Lenten Soup and Stations
- Junior High Decathlon Competition — Mar.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration — Mar.
- NCEA Conference – Staff Professional Development
- Spring Concert — 2 evenings in May
- Student Talent Show — May
- 8th Grade Retreat — May
- 8th Grade Graduation — June
- School Awards Ceremony/Kindergarten Graduation — June
- Summer School – Academics + Enrichment
- Summer Musical — 3 performances in July
Into the Future
Graduates from St. Bridget of Sweden have gone to top high schools in Los Angeles, such as Louisville, Crespi, Notre Dame, Alemany, Loyola, Providence, and many others. Alumni have gone on to major universities throughout the country, including Yale University, The University of Chicago, as well as local institutions such as CSUN, UCLA, USC, and many others.
St. Bridget of Sweden provides an atmosphere conducive to critical academic, spiritual, physical, and social growth that prepares students for the challenges ahead.